Warning: This part is intended for use on racing vehicles that are used exclusively for competition in closed-course racing events.
The SCT X4 is a performance programmer for boosting your vehicle's horsepower and torque. It awakens the real potential of your engine with the preloaded, DYNO-proven tune files. Reap the benefits of technology and the digital revolution by modifying varieties of parameters at the touch of a button, all while monitoring gauges on a customizable display.
- Easy-to-read full color LCD screen with supporting landscape and portrait modes
- Simple plug and play installation with OBD-II port
- Create and store up to 10 custom tunes based on your particular driving style
- Wide range of adjustments to critical vehicle parameters. including rev limiter, shift points, idle speed and more (varies by vehicle).
- Easy reading and clearing of Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Easy Restoration Back to Stock
- Built-In Wi-Fi for easy updates
- Supports a wide array of Popular Vehicles
- Ergonomic and compact design measuring 2.75" by 5.5"
- Auto-dimming feature for optimal contrast night and day
- Real-time logging and displaying PCM data during driving
- Allows review of your runs at home by using SCT's LiveLink software
- Works with most 2008+ Powerstroke Diesel vehicles
- Ford 6.4 Powerstroke: 2008-2010
- Ford 6.7 Powerstroke: 2011-2012
- Ford / Powerstroke: Up to 160 HP & 300 TQ
In-Depth Feature Highlight
Wide Spectrum Of Customization And Adjustments
SCT X4 allows easy adjustment of critical parameters such as Axle Ratio, Tire Size, Idle Speed, Traction Control, wide-open throttle shift, shift pressure and much more just by using your fingertips.
Easy To Install
No need to visit your mechanic for installation or get your hands dirty. Simply plug into your OBD-II port and follow the on-screen prompts and you're ready to rule the streets.
Easy Return To Stock/Factory Settings
SCT X4 intelligently backs up your factory PCM program during installation and allows you to return to all original settings simply by selecting from the "Return to Stock" option from the device menu.
Comfortable Screen Data Monitoring
Its huge backlit display allows comfortable reading of data logging or real time monitored vehicle data along with other critical sensor data. Plus it doubles as a digital gauge set, giving you real-time readouts of all your key speed stats.
Dodge the hassle of disassembling and carrying wires for updating your programmer. SCT X4 comes with built-in Wi-Fi functionality which allows you to update without ever connecting it to your PC.
Custom Tuning Capable
The SCT X4 is able to store and switch between up to 10 custom tunes! Custom tunes are generally safest and most dependable, since they were developed for your specific truck. We recommend searching the forums to identify a capable tuner in your area.
What's In The Box
- SCT X4 Device
- OBD-II Cable
- USB Cable
How do I unlock the SCT X4 tuner myself?
An unlock should be purchased when your device is either married/installed on a vehicle and you are no longer able to return that vehicle back to stock or if your device is out of the five-vehicle unlocks. Good news is that SCT X4 tuner supports remote unlock (for Fords only) on their website.
See more about unlocking your SCT X4
How do I factory reset or unmarry my SCT X4?
Go to the Device Settings menu. Select "FACTORY RESET".
How do I datalog with my SCT X4?
- Install SCT's LiveLink software on your computer from SCT website.
- Run the software and select "I want to datalog a vehicle" on screen.
- Connect your SCT X4 to your computer via USB cable.
- Connect your SCT device to the Vehicles OBD-II (Diagnostic) Port.
- Start the Vehicle
- Click on "Check Communication"
- Once it recognizes the vehicle as show below the "Check Communication" button, select "Load Config"
- Select the Configuration file desired
- Once the Config file loads, click on the green button to start logging
- When you are ready to stop logging, click the Red button to stop.
- To Save your datalog, Click "Save" under the Datalog section. Be sure to select "Save All" and NOT "Save View"
Time Required: 10-20 minutes
- Pry tool or trim removal tool (Optional)
Hardware installation & Programming the SCT X4
Loading Custom Tunes